Department of the Treasury
Dear Mr. Geithner:
I have learned of the Obama Administration plans to create "bad banks" to absorb toxic assets that are causing uncertainty in the financial sector. I herewith am enclosing a list of my troubled assets, including description, date acquired, and acquisition price (including any ongoing liabilities).
- Dow 36,000: How to Benefit from the Coming Boom in Stocks. 2/2000, $14.95
- 500 shares Pets.com 2/2000, $10,000
- Flipping Houses for Dummies. 2/2004, $24.95
- 3 units in Hide-a Wee Vacation Rental Condominiums, Coral Gables, Florida. 3/2004, $390,000
- The Bank Director’s Handbook: The Board Member’s Guide to Banking and Bank Management, 9/2004 $39.95
- 4 BR, 4 Bath Scarsdale estate on 1.5 acres. 11/2004, $3.5 million
- 1 membership in Westchester Golf Club. $12,000, 3/2005
- 1 bag Callaway Golf Clubs (great condition, 5 iron slightly dented, with blue paint traces). 7/2005, $6000
- Ashley DuPont (assistant golf pro, age 34, great condition). 8/2005, $18,000 (estimated value of gifts, dinners and secret vacations
- Structured Products and Related Credit Derivatives: An Investors Guide, 8/2006, $89.95
- 2007 Chevy Corvette Convertible, blue (damaged front hood) 10/2006, $55,000
- The Complete Guide to Protecting Your Financial Security When Getting a Divorce, 12/2006, $16.95
- Mrs. Gordon Blauvelt (Age 55, fair condition). Acquired 6/1983, divested 4/2007. Ongoing liabilities: $10,000 per month.
- Gordon Blauvelt III, skateboard artist, age 23. Acquired 6/1985, $836,000 (estimated, including 2 years drug rehabilitation and 0.5 years college).
- What Color is Your Parachute: A Practical Manual for Job Hunters and Career Changers, 11/2008 $19.95
- Basement studio apartment, unfurnished, Scarsdale, NY. 2/2009, $600/month.
- The Gift of Simplicity: Discover the Rewards of Simplifying Your Life. 2/2009, $16.95
I look forward to hearing the next steps in your acquisition of these assets, which will greatly increase my ability to participate in future lending.
Gordon Blauvelt, Jr.